So guys... I've got news!
I've finally hit a huge milestone in my baking career. I am getting paid to make cakes!
Realistically, it's only a few cakes here and there... but progress nonetheless! I got a lot of requests on how this cake was made so figured I'd share!
( wink wink nudge nudge - If you're in the San Francisco area and would like to order a cake definitely reach out via our instagram [@cookinginpjs](https://instagram.com/cookinginpjs/)!)
Strawberry Shortcake Cake
Yields: Three 8" cakes
(I made two 6" cakes + 12 cupcakes)
- 1 1/2 cups salted butter (3 sticks softened to room temperature)
- 2 1/4 cups sugar
- 4 egg whites, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup whole milk, room temperature
- 1 cup strawberry puree (see recipe here https://www.healthylittlefoodies.com/strawberry-puree/)
- Cream Cheese Frosting (I like this recipe https://sugarspunrun.com/cream-cheese-frosting/)
- Nilla wafers or graham crackers
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and line your cake pans. I line my pans with parchment paper. I
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Add egg whites and vanilla and beat for 1 minute.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Mix the milk and strawberry puree.
- Alternate adding the flour mixture and the strawberry milk to the batter. Each time beat the batter until incorporated and scrape down the bowl before adding more.
- Divide the batter amongst the pans and bake for 20-30 minutes or until lightly browned and the toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool in the pans for 10 minutes and then on a cooling rack until completely cooled.
- Frost with cream cheese frosting.
- Crumble some wafers or graham crackers and slice some strawberries as a garnish.