First off... in honor of the movie we watched while consuming all this food.
This year, my friends and I decided to have a Diwali potluck. Kind of like a friendsgiving except we made various Indian fusion dishes and cocktails!
Some examples were a gulab jamun cheesecake and paneer pizza 😁
I decided, instead to attempt a fusion dish of pav bhaji enchiladas. This can be made as taquitos with a queso dipping sauce or as enchiladas when topped with the queso sauce.
Pav Bhaji Enchiladas
- Pav Bhaji Filling - I used this recipe but feel free to use a recipe of your choice
- 16 corn tortillas
- 4 cups shredded jack cheese
- 1 tbsp pav bhaji masala
- 2 tsp butter
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 cups pimento cheese
- 1/4 cup milk
Pav Baji Queso Sauce
- Heat butter in a non-stick pan.
- Add ginger garlic paste and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds
- Add the pav bhaji masala, chili powder, cheese, milk, and salt. Mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring ocassionally.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spread 1/2 cup of the sauce in the bottom of a 9- by 13-inch baking dish.
- Place about 1/4 cup of pav bhaji mixture into each tortilla, top with a generous portion of shredded cheese and roll up.
- Brush a large baking sheet with olive oil and place taquitos on. Use toothpicks to hold each taquito in place and to prevent them from opening.
- Brush the top of each taquito with a small amount of olive oil.
- Place the tortilla seam side down in the baking dish. Repeat with the rest of the tortillas and pour the remaining sauce over the top. End with a generous sprinkling of the remaing shredded cheese and any other bits of veggies you have left over from the filling.
- Bake the enchiladas for 20 minutes, or until bubbly. Sprinkle chopped cilantro over the top and serve.